At Courtney McCutchen Insurance, we take great pride in providing our clients with high quality coverage for your car or truck at an affordable price. No matter if you are comfortable with your current policy or looking to make a change, there is no better time than now to request a quote.
Just take a few seconds to complete the short fields below and we will get in touch to provide you a custom quote.
*Note: The form below is best if you have questions or need a custom quote. If you’d like an instant car insurance quote and the option to buy now you can use the quote form at my Farmers Insurance page.
Insuring Your Car in Texas
As a licensed driver in the state of Texas, you must be able to prove financial responsibility for any “at fault” accidents.
Past studies have shown that roughly 20 percent of drivers in Texas are uninsured. For this reason, the state requires drivers to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance.
The best way to prove financial responsibility is to purchase an auto insurance liability policy. That being said, there are other methods to consider including: filing a surety bond, depositing $55k in cash or securities to the county comptroller or judge, and certifying that you are self-insured with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (typically for dealers).
Texas Liability Insurance Requirements
Texas is known as a 30/60/25 state, which requires the following coverage:
- $30,000 bodily injury coverage for one person in a single accident
- $60,000 bodily injury coverage total per accident
- $25,000 property damage coverage per accident
Note: these are the absolute minimum requirements. There is no maximum for drivers in Texas.
Auto Insurance Discounts with Farmers
We know the importance of finding an affordable policy. This is why we offer multiple auto insurance discounts.
When you request a quote from the Courtney McCutchen Insurance, we will contact you to discuss the many discounts that you qualify for. Some of the most common include:
- Multi-line discounts for those who purchase auto insurance along with a home and/or life policy.
- Alternative fuel discount. An industry only discount for drivers who own a hybrid or alternative fuel vehicle.
- Good student discount for drivers with above average grades who attend high school or college.
- Multi-car discount for those who have more than one vehicle on the same policy.
- Full payment discount for drivers paying 100 percent of their full-term policy.
If you have any questions regarding San Angelo auto insurance, are interested in a quote, or simply want to discuss your situation, contact one of our professionals at your earliest convenience.